Areas of Practice
For businesses, companies and organisations requiring representation and advice, our expert staff can provide support to ensure you are able to achieve your objectives while minimising risk exposure. Our range of services include:
- commercial contracts
- risk management and insurance
- dispute resolution
- arrangements including sponsorship, advertising and e-commerce agreements
- advice on appropriate governance, management and constitutional structures
- policy development in areas such as doping, member protection, privacy and selection
- advice on personal injury and negligence
- advice on competition and league structures
- advice on event and venue management including leases, club facilities and property development
- competition and fair trading law issues
- dispute resolution, tribunals and litigation including Court of Arbitration for Sport matters
Facing Criminal Charges? If you are convicted of a crime, you could face significant social and financial repercussions including gaol sentencing. Our staff appreciate how important your circumstances are and dedicate themselves to representing you in a dedicated and professional manner.
We represent clients on many types of criminal charges. These areas include:
- Computer-related crime
- Violence (including domestic violence offences)
- Drug offences
- Firearm or dangerous weapon offences
- Murder or Manslaughter
- Fraud offences
Immigration & VISAs
Our lawyers and consultants have an unrivaled commitment to excellence and ethical professional conduct. We have considerable experience in all aspects of immigration law, and are able to provide expert advice in relation to all visas and immigration matters, including but not limited to:
all aspects of student visas with a special focus on student visa cancellation and appeals
skilled migrant visas including Employer Nominated Scheme (“ENS”) and Regional Skilled Migration Scheme (“RSMS”)
business skills visa for investors, business owners and executives
visas for fiancés, partners and same-sex or interdependent partners
adoption visas and orphan child visas
parent visas, carer visas, remaining relative and aged dependent relative visas
refugee and humanitarian visas.
We have particular expertise in appearing before the Migration Review Tribunal in all matters involving in Visa rejection or cancellation .
Developers of new technology products and services need to ensure that their intellectual property rights are properly protected before supplying the products or services to third parties. By properly protecting their intellectual property rights in new technology products and services, developers are able to maximise their ability to obtain a commercial return by exploiting such rights. Both purchasers and suppliers of technology products and services need to ensure that the acquisition and supply of such products and services does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party.
We assist clients in relation to all areas of intellectual property law including:
- advising on the ownership, protection, commercialisation and infringement of intellectual property rights
- advising on intellectual property rights in materials accessible over the Internet
- advising on the protection and infringement of moral rights
- advising on the registration and protection of domain names
- patent and Trade Mark registration and enforcement
Our legal team assists employers, employees and contractors to achieve positive relations . Our services include:
- Contracts of Employment
- Preparing contracts of employment for all industries and professional areas.
- Subcontracting/Independent Contracting Assisting clients to structure contracting arrangements and drafting appropriate documentation to support existence of an independent contracting relationship as distinct from an employment relationship.
- Award Interpretation
- Advising on award interpretation issues.
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Dealing with complex discrimination and sexual harassment disputes in the Federal and State Commissions and Tribunal.
- Termination of Employment
- Providing assistance in dealing with performance and termination issues, negotiating outcomes to resolve complex issues.
- Unfair Dismissal
Sports & Entertainment law
Our legal team have represented Australia's leading AFL stars, sports management companies, state and national sporting organisations, and international entertainers in providing:
- contract negotiation and drafting
- litigation representation and advice
- internal regulation drafting and advice
- employment conditions
- insurance matters
- performance obligations
- intellectual property rights and trademarks.
- immigration services
Our winning lawyers assure that our sporting and entertainment clients are situated to continue performing at the highest levels.
Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal or immigration enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. To help us best service your enquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us how we can help you achieve your desired outcome. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.